It’s that “lucky” time of year again – St. Patrick’s Day! Lexington isn’t short on the celebrations. There is some type of celebration all around the city to get you in the spirit!
One in particular that you must do is the St. Patrick’s Day parade, which is the Lexington’s longest-running annual civic event. The parade and festival are part of an all-day celebration that begins at 8am, along with the 12th annual Shamrock Shuffle that benefit Lexington’s Habitat for Humanity. The “Blessing of the Keg” kicks off the festival! It is happening at 10:45am at the Alltech tents at the Robert F. Stephens Courthouse on Saturday morning. The parade begins at 1pm, rain or shine!
In 2015, the weather on St. Patrick’s Day was rainy.
In 2016, the weather on St. Patrick’s Day was sunny and warm.
In 2017, the weather on St. Patrick’s Day was cold.
Any guesses for the weather this year? As of now, it looks like they are predicting a rainy weekend with scattered thunderstorms. Sigh. Don’t fret though! There are still many places to celebrate and things to do, if you don’t want to spend time outdoors possibly getting wet.
Things to Do, Places To Eat, and Where to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Lexington, Kentucky:
Friday, March 16, 2018
1. St. Patrick’s Day Menu at Harry’s – ALL WEEKEND LONG (March 16-18)
2. Drake’s St. Patrick’s Day Menu – ALL WEEKEND LONG (March 12-18)
Eat like the Irish all week with our specialty St. Patrick’s Day menu available March 12 through 18. We’re also serving $5 Lucky Drinks all week long. Menu:
- “Big Arse” Reuben Sandwich Piled-high corned beef with sauerkraut, Swiss and 1000 Island on rye; choice of side
- Irish Fish and Chips Guinness-battered fried white fish, crispy crinkle-cut fries, coleslaw, shamrock tartar and lemon
- O’Drake’s Leprechaun Burgers Three fresh, never frozen patties smothered with Jameson-caramelized onions, horseradish cheddar and stout beer mayo on warm butter-toasted buns; choice of side
- “Small Arse” Rachel Sandwich Smoked turkey with creamy coleslaw, Swiss and 1000 Island on rye; choice of side
- Warm Pretzels & Beer Cheese Soft, warm pretzel bites with house mustard and beer cheese dip made from sharp cheddar cheese, spices and American amber ale
Get the Paddy started on Saturday with $3 Goodwood Green Beer, $4 Jameson Shots and $5 Lucky Drinks. They are serving the Green Beer in souvenir steins and you can keep the glass while supplies last. Come play!
3. St. Patrick’s Weekend Part at Willie’s Locally Known – 4pm
Willie’s will be having a St. Patrick’s Day celebration, all weekend long! Irish food specials include bangers and mash, corn beef and cabbage, and Irish stew. Live music all weekend, including traditional Irish music on the 17th from world famous fiddler Mike Barnett! (The party continues on Saturday, March 17 at 10am and Sunday, March 18 at 10am).
4. St. Patty’s Eve with Pat Dillon and HubShaw at The Ruddy Duck – 9pm
The Ruddy Duck (formerly known as Cheapside) will have live music from Keith Hubbard, Upshaw Briggs, Pat Dillon, and Gary Underwood.
5. The Slams and Dually Noted at Lynagh’s Irish Pub – 9pm
Kick of St. Patrick’s Day Weekend with the Slams and Dually Noted at Lynagh’s. Music will start at 9. The Slams are an Anglo-American four piece punk rock trio from Frankfort, KY, playing original punk with a celtic flavour (yes that ‘u’ is supposed to be there!)
Saturday, March 17, 2018
6. Shamrock Shuffle 3K – Downtown Lexington – 8am
Walk, shuffle or run in the 12th Annual Shamrock Shuffle 3K! There is no better way to kick off your St. Patrick’s Day than with thousands of your friends in downtown Lexington. The Shamrock Shuffle 3K is locally organized, and 100% of the proceeds stay local benefiting Lexington Habitat for Humanity. If you haven’t registered, you can register HERE.
You can pick up your packets at:
10am-7pm on Friday, March 16 at ReStore – 451 Southland Drive
6:30am-7:30 am on Saturday, March 17 at the Lexington Center
7. Annual St. Pat’s Day Bash! at Bar Louie – 8am
Grab your crew and Unleash Your Leprechaun at Bar Louie this St. Patrick’s Day! Get “Lucked Up” at the best party outside of Ireland with $3 Green Beer and $5 Jameson specials from 8am until 2:30am. Plus, there will be live entertainment!
8. Eat St. Patrick’s Day inspired dishes at Oscar Diggs – 9am
Join us for some Irish inspired menu items such as Lamb Shepard’s pie, Fish & Chips, Guinness Mustard wings, Corned Beef Hash and Eggs and Car Bomb Cupcakes.
They will also be running drink specials all day including:
$10 Buckets of Bud- Bud Light and High Life
$12 Buckets of Narragansett
$15 Buckets of Guinness
$5 Irish pancake shots
$4 Shots Tullamore Dew
9. Shamrocks and Savasana at SALA Studio – 9am
Celebrate with a FREE yoga class, build your own mimosas, and CUPCAKES! More details: HERE.
10. St. Patty’s Day Yoga with Live Acoustic Music at Wildfire Yoga – 9:30am
Join Nicholas Penn, a Lexington based Yogi as well as a guitarist, song- writer, and producer. He is playing on St. Patty’s Day at 9:30am for a Slow Flow at Wildfire Yoga. Live acoustics and a 60 minute Yoga class? What a great way to start your St. Patty’s Day!
11. St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Food at Carson’s – 10am
They will be open an additional 2 hours for brunch! Brunch extended hours will be 10am to 4pm.
Specialty menu items include: Guinness Stew, Corned Beef Eggrolls, and Corned Beef Benedict.
12. St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Southern Barker – 10am
Let’s celebrate St. Patty’s Day! If you wear green, the luck of the Irish will be with you – you will receive 10% off your ENTIRE purchase! There will also be a free photo op for your pup! They are also giving away free St. Patrick’s Day bandannas with a $10 minimum purchase!
13. St. Patrick’s Weekend Part at Willie’s Locally Known – 10am
Willie’s will be celebrating all weekend long! Irish food specials include bangers and mash, corn beef and cabbage, and Irish stew. Live music all weekend, including traditional Irish music on the 17th from world famous fiddler Mike Barnett! (The party continues on Sunday at 10am).
14. 39th Alltech Lexington St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival – 10:45am
Join downtown Lexington in celebrating this St. Patrick’s Day! Lexington’s St. Patrick’s parade is the city’s longest-running annual civic event. The parade and festival are part of an all-day celebration that begins at 8 am with the 12th annual Shamrock Shuffle to benefit Lexington Habitat for Humanity. At 10:45 am, the “Blessing of the Keg” at the Alltech tents at Robert F. Stephens Courthouse kicks off the free festival. The parade begins at 1 pm, rain or shine!
10:45 a.m – Blessing of the Keg
11 a.m. – Bluegrass Ceili Academy
11:30 a.m. – Kentucky McTeggart Irish Dancers
noon – Drunk & Sailor
1 p.m. – 39th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
2 p.m. – William Sutherland Reid Pipes & Drums
2:30 p.m. – Liam’s Fancy
3:30 p.m. – Lexington Irish Dancers
4 p.m. – Kentucky United Pipes & Drums
5 p.m. – The Bold Roberts
15. St. Patrick’s Day at O’Neill’s – 11am
Doors will open at 11am for your early day enjoyment. Music this year will be provided by Ben Lacy and Radio 80! Door prizes, gifts, a traditional Irish menu, and lots of fun are all included. Don’t miss this extravaganza! Call (859) 266-4488 or visit HERE for more details.
16. St Paddy’s Day Party at Centro – 11am
Enjoy free t-Shirt giveaways! $2 Green Beer and $5 Leprechaun Juice PLUS Happier Hours are from 4pm to 7pm with $5 Tito’s, Four Roses, and more! Power Hour is at 9pm to 10pm with $1 PBR and $4 Wells.
17. St. Paddy’s Day Festivities! at Mr. Brews Taphouse – 11am
Green Kentucky Kolsch and Guinness ALL DAY. There will be their featured Brew-ben Burger and live Irish tunes that night! Have some fun and drink some beer!
18. St. Patrick’s Day! at Lexington Beerworks – 11am
Wear your green or get pinched! There will be live music from 7pm to 11pm. Specials include: $2 Green Beer, $3 Guinness, $4 Irish Car Bombs, and $3 Select Whiskey Shots.
19. St. Patrick’s Day at Pivot Brewing – 12pm
Party with Pivot this St. Patrick’s Day! Drink cider and beer all day long! There will be drink specials, so you’re in luck.
What to look forward to:
- Head Brewers Irish Stout Release
- New Dry Cider Release
- Traditional Irish Plates Prepared by Babz Bistro
- March Madness on the Projectorwhat
- Wales vs. France Rugby Game at 1:00 pm
20. St. Pawtrick’s Day at the Bluegrass Barkery – 1pm
21. St Patrick’s Day at Soundbar – 1pm
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Soundbar! Open at 1pm. Why not stop in before AND after the parade! Specials include: Guinness $3.50. Irish Whiskey $4.50 and Car bombs $5.50. Dance party with DJ Crow at 9pm. NO COVER before 10pm. Drink Specials until 8pm. 21 and over only.
22. Irish Whiskeys & KY Bourbons at Whiskey Bear – 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm
Whiskey Bear was born out of the desire to share their love of whiskey and other spirits with their guests, and their Tasting Events are designed to further the dialogue and create unique experiences during which guests can learn more about the “Water of Life.”
In celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day, join us for a comparative tasting of premium Irish Whiskeys and Kentucky Bourbons. Led by industry expert Tim Knittel of Distilled Living, this is a unique opportunity to sample premium Irish and Kentucky whiskeys side-by-side in a guided tasting to learn what makes each region’s spirits unique.
Tasting Flight includes:
- Tullamore D.E.W. Original
- Bushmills 10 Year Old
- Jameson Black Barrel
- Hartfield & Co. bourbon
- Evan Williams (black label)
Limited availability. Online registration required. Ticket Price: $25. Tickets available: HERE.
23. St Patrick’s Weekend Crawfish Boil at Proud Mary BBQ – 4pm
Join Proud Mary BBQ for their First Annual St Patrick’s Day Crawfish Boil! They will have boiled crawfish and live music all weekend! Green Beer, Guinness, and Jameson Specials on Saturday!
24. St. Patty’s Saturday! Pick Your Project at Board and Bruah Lexington – 5pm
Come and make a beautiful wooden sign for your home! Pick any sign from their gallery of 200+ designs and they will personalize it with your name, dates, etc. Enjoy a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and listen to an incredibly fun playlist while you’re building your boards! *Because of the sale of alcohol, this workshop is 21+ only* Tickets available: HERE.
25. ODE TO THE IRISH DINNER at Woodford Reserve Distillery – 6pm
Join Woodford as they bring a little of Ireland home to Woodford Reserve. Experience an evening of distillery tours, Irish cocktails cash bar, and a plated four-course Irish-inspired dinner featuring the freshest local ingredients. Guests must be 21 and over to attend. Tickets are $80 per person. Make reservations: HERE. (See menu below).
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm Welcome Cocktails
6:30 pm Distillery Tours Begin
8:00 pm Dinner
9:30 pm Departure
Creamy tarragon dressing, hard boiled eggs, watercress, Bibb lettuce, pickled beets and green beans
A delectable stew of Broadbent bacon and savoy cabbage, with fresh herbs
Blackhawk Farms House Corned Beef
Served with a Rye Bourbon horseradish cream, with Colcannon of mashed potatoes and cabbage, Roasted Root Vegetables; carrot, celery root, beet, and cabbage roasted and tossed with an herb butter
Irish Lemon Cake
With Irish breakfast tea frosting
26. Lizzy Cheeba at Lynagh’s Irish Pub – 6pm
Lizzy Cheeba will be making their debut performance during the Lynagh’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
27. St Patrick’s Day Bash at Uncle 7s Bar and Grill – 7pm
Green beer, Irish drink specials (Irish car bomb anyone), and much more! Come on out and celebrate the luck of the Irish.
28. Wicked Mule at Lexington Beerworks – 7pm
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Lexington Beer Works with Wicked Mule! Check out this awesome new venue and brewery!
$2 Green Beer
$4 Irish Car Bombs
$3 Select Whiskey Shots
29. 2nd Annual St. Paddy’s Day Party at Mirror Twin Brewing Co. – 9pm
Join Mirror Twin for their 2nd annual St. Paddy’s Day Party. There will be plenty of festivities for you to enjoy!
2pm to 5pm Ethan and Joey
7pm to 10pm Brett Horton
Local Beer Vendors:
Green beer from MTB!
Local Food Trucks:
Roll n Smoke
Costume Contest (Winner picked at 4pm):
Best kids costume
Dog costume contest
For the kids:
Pot of gold treasure hunt from 12pm to 2pm
30. St Patty’s Day CD Release with Driftwood Gypsy! at Cosmic Charlie’s – 9pm
After a very long wait, Driftwood Gypsy’s debut album is finally here! Celebrate the official release Driftwood style. Tickets available: HERE.
31. Daddy’s Beemer, Ivyrye, and Cannon Eyes at Best Friend Bar – 9pm
Drive your lemon to Best Friend Bar on St. Patty’s Day for a juicy night of indie rock. More details: HERE.
32. The Rough Customers and Drunk & Sailor at Lynagh’s Irish Pub – 10pm
The Rough Customers and Drunk & Sailor will provide an awesome night of music to close out the St. Patrick’s Day festivities. Lynagh’s will have St. Patrick’s Day food and drink specials all weekend.
33. RAS Patty’s Day And Max’s Last Show! at Al’s Bar – 10pm
This will be Max’s Last Show with KMA. Send him off in style!
Sunday, March 18, 2018
34. St. Patrick’s Weekend Part at Willie’s Locally Known – 10am
Join Willie’s for their St. Patrick’s Day celebration, all weekend long! Irish food specials include bangers and mash, corn beef and cabbage, and Irish stew. Live music all weekend!
35. St. Patrick’s Day Brunch at AZUR – 11:30am
Join AZUR for a lovely St. Patrick’s Day inspired brunch consisting of 3 courses, along with tea and scone service! Enjoy traditional Celtic music in the background by Robert Tincher. $25 per person + tax and gratuity. Call (859) 296-1007 or visit HERE to reserve your spot!
Basket of Kerrygold Butter Scones and Lyons Tea (Butter, Raspberry Jam)
Irish Potato Farles – Griddled Irish potato flatbread cut into fours with smoked salmon, gooseberries, sour cream and herbs
Corned Beef Hash and poached eggs with smoked butter braised cabbage
Cadbury Chocolate Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding with Bailey’s sauce and whipped cream
Don’t forget to wear your green or you may get pinched!