This past Friday kicked off Lexington Craft Beer Week, which will last from Friday, May 11 to Sunday, May 20! There are tons of opportunities to celebrate at the local breweries. Not only that, but there are many fun events and dinners happening at the breweries as well!
Check them out…
Where To Go To Celebrate Lexington Craft Beer Week:
Sunday, May 13, 2018
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Blue Stallion Brewing: Mother’s Day Starter kicks off with a free North Lime Coffee & Donuts – Limestone donut included with every beverage purchase at 11:00. Stick around for a double prize Slurring Bee at 5:30!
- 11:30am: Mirror Twin Brewing Craft Beer Week – Moms and Mimosas: Mothers Day and craft beer week on the same day? coincidence, We think not. To celebrate we are selling Mom-osa’s for $3. Come celebrate the beginning of this beer-tastic week with us while also celebrating all the moms out there all day. Rolling Oven will also be having a special.
- 12pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: We’ll have beer specials all day so you can treat your Mom to a pint (or three)!
Monday, May 14, 2018
- 11am: Monnik Monday feat. The Well at Blue Stallion Brewing Company: We’re inviting our buddies from Monnik Beer Co. to the taproom with a tap takeover supporting The Well of Lexington, Inc.! 10% of the day’s sales will go to this awesome non-profit, and we’ll be serving awesome beers from Monnik. Check out this line-up: HERE.
- 11am: Avery Brewing Co. Tap Feature at HopCat: Yeah, it’s Monday but it’s Monday of Lexington Craft Beer Week! The only reason you should feel sour is from Tequilacerbus, Avery’s Tequila BA Sour Ale. We’ll also be tapping Avery’s Vanilla Bean Stout, which in addition to being a delicious stout with vanilla beans, it’s also aged in Bourbon barrels. You shouldn’t have any Monday blues after a trip to HopCat. Check out the featured beers: HERE.
- 12pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: We’re teaming up with middle fork kitchen bar to present a ticketed 4-course beer dinner. Enjoy Middle Fork’s nationally-recognized cuisine paired with some of your favorite Ethereal beers. More information: Middle Fork Kitchen Bar + Ethereal Brewing Beer Dinner.
- 4pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Bells (Habanero Mango Oberon, Hopsolution, Hopfendunkel, Amber).
- 7pm: Mirror Twin Brewing Craft Beer Week – Craft Beer Themed Trivia: Our themed trivia this month will be none other than craft beer trivia. Come show off what you know about beer for a chance to win some MTB gift cards.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Blue Stallion Brewing: 4th annual Test Batch Takeover with “a brewer’s dozen” brand new beers! This is what we’ve been waiting for!
- 11:30am: Mirror Twin Brewing Craft Beer Week – Twin Draft Takeover: We are taking the Twin Draft System to the extreme. For the first time ever, all Mirror Twin Flagships will be Twinned. Come see how #IdenticallyDifferent we can be.
- 12pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: Join us at the taproom at 7 PM for a special Beer-themed Trivia Night! Free entry and cash prizes for the top 3 teams.
- 5pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Founders (Dankwood, KBS, Green Zebra, PC Pils).
- 6:30pm: West Sixth Beer Dinner at Winchell’s Restaurant and Bar: Join us for our 5th annual West 6th collaboration dinner. Six courses of West 6th beer each paired with homemade food from Winchells. Beers include: Cerveza, Belgian Blonde, Amber, Sixfold Wild, Low Beam Cask w Vanilla and Orange, and Snake Cake. Call now for reservations 859-278-9424, seating is limited
- 6pm: Country Boy Beer Dinner at Nick Ryan’s: Join us for a 4 course beer tasting dinner hosted by Country Boy Brewing. $50 per person (includes tax and gratuity). Space is limited so sign up today. 859.233.7900
- 7pm: Tennessee Brew Works Beer Dinner at HopCat: For our first beer dinner with Tennessee Brew Works, we scooped up some of their food inspired craft beers. It’s always been TBW’s goal to brew food-forward beers making it a no-brainer to collaborate on a beer dinner. See menu and purchase tickets: HERE.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- 11am: Dark Horse Tap Feature at HopCat: Today is for hop heads and barrel enthusiasts alike. Crooked Tree is already a fantastic IPA but Double Crooked Tree is double the fun and clocks in at 98 IBU’s (if you’re into that sort of thing like we are)! But we also went in the opposite direction to show you that it’s not all about hops. You’ve got to check out this rich, creamy bourbon barrel aged stout with cocoa nibs. Featured beers: HERE.
- 11am: Cider Pairing at Oscar Diggs at Pivot Brewing: Oscar Diggs has formulated a delicious cider flight and appetizer/brewers platter pairing that will have your tastebuds thanking you. No reservations are required and it is not a ticketed event. All you have to do is show up with an empty belly and a big appetite! Details: HERE.
- 11:30am: Mirror Twin Brewing Craft Beer Week – Doug’s Lil Tank Tap Takeover: Doug has been sneaky and stashing away some of his wacky beer from his test batch system. Come check out some of the crazy batches he’s come out with. Don’t forget about our weekly trivia at 7:00pm-9:00pm.
- 12pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: Join us at Shamrock Bar & Grille at 7 PM for a good, old fashioned tap takeover.
- 5pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Braxton (Special Flight Pairing with Food From Bear & The Butcher Buckeye Stout, House Made Beef & Bacon Sausage, Lemon Meringue Berliner Weisse – Habanero & Garlic Pickled Beets with Bleu Cheese, NE Pale Ale #2 – Duck Pastrami with Tomato & Basil Cheddar Wrapped in Spinach, Strawberry Gose – Chocolate Covered Bacon with Peanut Crumbles).
- 5pm: Cider Day at Country Boy Brewing: Join us during Lexington Craft Beer Week at the Lexington Taproom for CIDER DAY on Wed. 5/16! Take a break from beer for the evening and try 12 varieties of our hard cider, including some of your favorite throwbacks!
- 7pm: Restless Leg String Band at Blue Stallion Brewing: No cover, all ages, dog-friendly! Come out and enjoy some RestlessGrass and a variety of Craft beverages from high octane beer and cider to a house made lemonade and choice soft drinks as well as Dad’s Deli with a Cuban Sandwich Wed. special!
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 12pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: Join us at the taproom for two beer releases! At noon, we’ll tap the newest variation of our revered Russian Imperial Stout, the Hazelnut Baba Yaga. At 5:30, we’ll premiere this year’s collaboration with Mirror Twin Brewing Co, a New England-style Double IPA! We will also be out on the town on Thursday. Starting at 7:00 join the Ethereal team for tap takeovers at Oscar Diggs as well as Bear & The Butcher – our lineup won’t disappoint.
- 5pm: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Mirror Twin Brewing – Local Tap Takeover with Beer Trappe: For the first time ever we will be doing a tap take over with Beer Trappe. Go check out what it’s all about.
- 5pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Mirror Twin (Hazy But Lazy, You, Me & Mr. PB, Citra IPA, White Girl Wasted).
- 6pm: Massive West Sixth Takeover at West Sixth Brewing: We’re preparing to celebrate Lexington Craft Beer Week with a stellar 20-tap takeover PLUS a special cask from our good friends at World Beer Cup award-winning brewery West Sixth Brewing! See beers on tap: HERE.
- 8pm: Double Prize Beer Trivia at Blue Stallion Brewing: Join us as we test our knowledge of all things beer! Local Trivia Action will be in the taproom with questions about some of your favorite lagers and ales, and you’ve got the chance to take home DOUBLE PRIZES! Not sure you know all about brews? Come us with a funny team name and you’ll score a free appetizer from Dad’s Favorites Deli! Cheers!
Friday, May 18, 2018
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Blue Stallion Brewing: Thirst Trappe fruit ale release with two variations: Cranberry/Blueberry and Tangerine.
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Mirror Twin Brewing – Small Batch Release of our barrel aged Chernobly: We have been letting our Russian Imperial Stout, Chernobly, hang out in some bourbon barrels to get ready for our 2 year anniversary release! For one day only, we will be releasing a keg to show you how delicious it has become thus far!
- 5pm: Craft Beer Week at Ethereal Brewing: The Trials of Yamamoto, 5 PM – We’re excited for this one. Come try five experimental beers inspired by Japanese ingredients like koji rice, cephalopod ink, and red bean paste. More details: The Trials of Yamamoto.
- 5pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Rhinegeist (Double Barrel Mastodon, Brittle Brain, Press Tart, Burrito).
Saturday, May 19, 2018
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Blue Stallion Brewing: New England IPA release (it’s a big batch this time!)
- 12pm: Alltech Craft Brews & Food Fest 2018 at Lexington Convention Center: Returning to Downtown Lexington in 2018, the Alltech Craft Brews and Food Fest will be bigger and better this May. With over 60 breweries and 200 beers, the festival will showcase the finest the craft beer industry has to offer. There will be a new, expanded food section with plenty of local and Kentucky Proud options to satisfy your hunger. Come on down to Heritage Hall on May 19, 2018 from noon to 6 PM to put a great finish on your Lexington Craft Beer Week!
- 4pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Mad Tree (Lupulin Effect, Phone A Friend, Boysen The Hood, Lift).
- 6pm: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Mirror Twin Brewing – Alltech Festival and After Party at MTB: If your attending the Alltech Festival stop by and say hi to use as we will be there pouring some great brews!!
Sunday, May 20, 2018
- 11am: Lexington Craft Beer Week at Blue Stallion Brewing: Beer Week Wind Down with beermosas
- 6pm: Beer Week Schedule at The Beer Trappe: Cellar Beer School (Avery The Beast 2007, Bells Third Coast Old Ale 2012, Brooklyn Monster Ale 2012, Crooked Stave Surette Provision 2013, Hoppin Frog BORIS 2012).
To see even more events taking place during Lexington Craft Beer Week, click HERE!
Looking for something else to do, be sure to check out: Things to Do in Lexington, Kentucky: The Week of May 11-17, 2018!