It’s almost the end of August and this upcoming week looks exciting, especially this weekend with the Chevy Chase Street Fair. Check out some of the other events in Lexington coming up this week!
Things to Do in Lexington, Kentucky: The Week of August 25-30,2018
Saturday, August 25, 2018 – Chevy Chase Street Fair
- 7am: Lexington Farmers Market at The Pavilion (food): The Lexington Farmers Market is Downtown on Saturdays. There is a huge array of beautiful vegetables, fruit, honey, cheeses, meats, home grown shrimp and more. Artists also bring their work to show and sell. Musicians entertain for free! It’s a wonderful family fun atmosphere. Come and support your local farmers. (Every Saturday until September 29).
- 8am: Sweating In Shillito at Brighter Fitness (fitness/health): Every Saturday for the month of August, Brighter Fitness is putting on a free fitness workshop. For 60 minutes we will use nothing but our bodies to sweat it out and get stronger! Grab a friend and start off your weekend right.
- 9am: Morning Yoga with Doraine (fitness/health): Join YMCA fitness instructor Doraine for a FREE Yoga class as a part of the Plant and Play Summer Fitness series! Meet near the “barn” (next to the playground, just off Highland Park) before 9am. Meet new friends, catch up with old friends, and get some great exercise while you stretch, meditate, and take in beautiful Castlewood Park! All ages and abilities are welcome! Mats and equipment are available first come first served. Bring water and your own towel or mat just in case!
- 9am: Blue Grass Stockyards Farmers Market! at 4561 Iron Works Pike (food): The Blue Grass Stockyards is the hub of all thing Kentucky grown! Come meet your local farmers and take home locally grown fruits, veggies, eggs and more. (Every Saturday until November 3).
- 9am: Sweat Series at The Summit at Fritz Farm (fitness/health): Join us for poses & mimosas on The Green! We will partner with different brands to bring you FREE fitness classes 9 am – 10 am & great shopper perks for attendees! After class, enjoy fresh juices, snacks & a mimosa bar on The Green presented by Whole Foods Market & Ted’s Montana Grill! We will also have sunscreen & samples provided by Cos Bar Lexington! Details: HERE.
- 10am: Discovery Saturday + Family Workshops (kid friendly): Great for kids and families! More details here about the weekend’s workshops: HERE.
- 10am: Sugar Belle’s Lexington Turns 1 + Customer Appreciation Day! (shopping): It’s Our 1st Birthday! Thanks so much for supporting our Lexington location this past year! Join us for specials all day long at BOTH boutiques! We’re open 10AM-10PM partying with the Chevy Chase Street Fair! Open 10AM-6PM in Winchester! More details: HERE.
- 10am: Barre, Meet Bar at 21c Museum Hotel (fitness/health): Join Elle Fitness at 21c Museum Hotel Lexington’s this Saturday for Barre, Meet Bar 4th of July Pre Party Fire class! Fire up a sweat then hit the bar at Lockbox for a mimosa. ELLE SPECIAL-15% off 5, 10 and 20 Elle Fitness Class Packages! Flex those creative muscles as you work through a variety of barre poses in our contemporary art-filled spaces. Sessions are just $10 at the door. Class is 21+; Price includes mimosa. BYOM (bring your own mat) + cash only. (Every Saturday until August 29).
- 10am: HIIT Pilates Class with Sterling Yoga at Corelife Eatery – Summit at Fritz Farm (fitness/health): Join CoreLife Eatery and Sterling Hot Yoga for a FREE class! Caroline from Sterling Hot Yoga will lead us through a fun, low impact, high intensity class using interval training and Pilates principles. After the class, everyone will receive 50% off their meal at CoreLife!
- 2pm: Build Your Own Cat Castle at Lexington Public Library – Downtown Location (class):
Back by popular demand! For the cat people: we will provide boxes, cardboard tubes, twine, and decorative supplies, or bring your own! Create the palace your feline friend deserves. Registration recommended HERE.
- 4pm: SGT Peppers Bike Prom (art): A 10 year Lexington tradition and good vibes for all ages! Dress your fab best and bike the groovy downtown route to land some far-out awards and give a ways! All you’ll need is love for your fellow bikers and some beany dance moves at the LASC after party, West 6th Brewing and food trucks!! Can you dig it? Tickets available: HERE.
- 4pm: Chevy Chase Street Fair 2018: The 14th Annual Chevy Chase Street Fair will be held on the 800 block of Euclid Ave! Live music, street food, drinks, vendors, & child activities. We hope to see y’all in our ‘hood! We are happy to have neighborhood favorites as well as local additions at this years street fair. Vendors include High Street Fly, Pet Wants Lex, Chevy Chase Inn, Farmer’s Jewelry, Bourbon N’ Toulouse, Country Club Prep, Louie’s Wine Dive & Chevy Chase Kitchen, Kroger, and many more!!! Bring the whole family for this great community event!
- 4pm: Live Jazz at the Talon Winery (music): Enjoy the best local wine in the Bluegrass with the Saxophone stylings of Brad Nunn.
- 5pm: Happy Saturday! Pick Your Project at Board and Brush Lexington (art/crafts): Come and make a beautiful wooden sign for your home! Pick any sign from our gallery of over 200+ designs and we personalize it with your name, dates, etc. Enjoy a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and listen to an incredibly fun playlist while you’re building your boards!
- 5pm: Banners’ 3rd Annual Pig Roast (food): We will be hosting our 3rd Annual Pig Roast on Saturday August 25th at 5pm. In addition to the food we will have drink specials and live music. Dave Trivissano and Jason Vujakovich will play on the patio from 6-9pm. Trippin’ Roots will then play from 9pm-1am inside.
- 5:30pm: Summer Art Jam At Brier Books (art): Swing by Brier Books every Friday evening this summer to enjoy art and music by local creatives. If the weather’s good, folks will be set up in our front parking spots. If not, we’ll host the show inside. We’ll feature work by visual artists, musicians, and artisans, and we’ll update the schedule each week. (Also, on August 31).
- 6pm: A Night for The Nest at 4701 Paris Pike (cause): Guests will enjoy dinner catered by Selma’s and dance the night away with music provided by The Mercy Men Band. Guests can also participate in a silent auction, jewelry pull by Kendra Scott and take tours of beautiful Normandy farm. Tickets: $125 per person or $900 for a Table of 8. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6pm: Passport to Flavor at Distillery Square Event Center (food/cause): Join us to show your support for refugees in central Kentucky while also enjoying global flavors and live entertainment in an international market type setting at KRM Lexington’s third annual Passport to Flavor! The event will feature international food booths from KRM client’s home countries, world music and dance, a silent auction and art displays, henna, a photo booth, and more! This is an opportunity to show your love to the amazing people who get to call central Kentucky their new home. Pricing: $40 until August 23rd and $50 at the door. Children under 5 years enter free. All tickets will be delivered by email. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6pm: Wildcat Love Bourbon Bottle Release at Barrel House Distillery (alcohol/cause): Join us for the release of WILDCAT LOVE …the Kentucky Bourbon of Champions! A donation from every bottle purchase will benefit the Fayette County UK Alumni Scholarship Fund.
- 7pm: Full Moon Float KY River at Proud Mary BBQ (fitness): Join us as we paddle out to catch the sunset and then paddle back under the light of the full moon. Experience the beautiful Boone Creek Palisades!
- 8pm: Free Comedy: Dan Alten and Katlin Mcfee at Lifebrew Pub (comedy): Free comedy show and good food!
- 9pm: Whiskey Bear Live with Jason Goble at Whiskey Bear (music): Jason is a singer/songwriter and guitarist from Prestonsburg, KY. His musical style sits in the wheelhouse of southern rock, blues and country influences like Bob Seger, George Jones, Lee Bailey and Freddie King. Jason was the 2014 Country Music Highway Road to Fame Winner.
- 9pm: Sempervivi, Indigo Storm, Courtney from Work at Al’s Bar of Lexington (music): Live music!
- 9pm: Bootsie & Funkabilly at Creaux (music): Bootsie-Funkabilly is an old school R&B Funk cover band! Consisting of seasoned professionals who have shared the stage with legends such as The Temptations and The Ohio Players, get ready for the funkiest party in Lexington, KY!
- 10pm: The Thomas Tillman Band at the Tin Roof (music): The Thomas Tillman Band back in Lexington Kentucky at the Tin Roof. Saturday August 25th. Y’all come on.
Sunday, August 26, 2018
- 10am: Yoga with Art at 21c Museum Hotel (fitness/health): Find your inner peace at 21c Museum Hotel Lexington’s weekly Sunday yoga series. Perfect the art of oneness as you work through a variety of poses. Sessions are just $5 at the door and are led by certified yoga teachers from YOGA at The Massage Center in Dudley Square. Attendees should bring their own mat or towel and water and arrive early to ensure a spot because space is limited. (Every Sunday until September 30).
- 11am: Sunday Morning Yoga at Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate (fitness/health): Slow down, breath deeply and feel. Join us for a free, all-levels practice on the lawn under the trees. Whether this is your first yoga practice or your thousandth, this is a great opportunity to be with your tribe in a beautiful environment with many people who love yoga and want to share it. Invite your people, share this post and/or bring a friend! (Every Sunday until October 14).
- 11:30am: 2018 Lexington Jewish Food Festival at Temple Adath Israel (food): Sampling menu includes knishes, corned beef sandwiches, borscht, kosher hot dogs, Israeli salad and more. Separate bake shop features homemade challah, rugelach, hamantaschen, macaroons and more. Tickets $20; available at the door.
- 12pm: Pinball Tournament at The Burl Arcade (games): Join us for a pop-up pinball tournament at The Burl Arcade this Sunday, August 26th! Progressive Strike Tournament – 12PM registration -1PM play time! $10 entry fee + cash prizes to the top 3 winners!
- 1pm: Literary Yoga at Joseph-Beth Booksellers (fitness/health): On the second and fourth Sunday of every month we’ll have an hour of Literary Yoga! Bring your mats and your love of books! Class is good for beginners and experienced alike. The classes are free to attend but our Yogis work hard to bring you exercise and peace so tips are always welcome! (Every Sunday until October 21).
- 2:05pm: Slitherin’ at the Stadium at Whitaker Bank Ball Park (cause/sports): We’re slitherin’ at the stadium on a #stachetastic Sunday! #SlitherinattheStadium presented by Kentucky Reptile Zoo will be held Sunday, 8/26 at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6:30pm: Nicholas Brendon (Buffy & Criminal Minds) Meet & Greet at Collins Southland Bowling Alley (cause): Spend 3+ hours with Nicholas Brendon (“Xander” ‐ Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “Kevin Lynch” ‐ Criminal Minds) hanging out and talking about love, life and depression. Tickets available: HERE.
Monday, August 27, 2018
- 6:30pm: Special Screening of “Suffragette” at The Kentucky (movie): In honor of Women’s Equality Day 2018, Breaking the Bronze Ceiling presents a special screening of “Suffragette,” a historical period drama film about women’s suffrage, starring Carey Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson, Anne-Marie Duff, Ben Whishaw, and Meryl Streep. Rated PG-13. Sponsored by Community Trust Bank and the Women’s Executive Leadership Development Program (WELD). More details: HERE.
- 7pm: Every Monday is Pizza Night at Cru Food and Wine Bar (food): Buy a bottle of wine, and we’ll buy your pizza! Choose from any bottle of wine and any pizza from the menu (Recurring Mondays).
- 7pm: Gilmore Girls Trivia at Mirror Twin Brewing (games): Come join us for a Gilmore Girls themed trivia show at Mirror Twin Brewing Co! We are excited to bring you this highly requested theme!
- 7pm: Trivia at The Casual Pint (games): Trivia is now at 7pm instead of 6pm!
- 7:30pm: Saved by the Bell Trivia at Mr. Brew’s Taphouse (games): This one is going to be fun so get here early and bring you best 90’s neon garb because best dressed wins a gift card!
- 8pm: Aretha Franklin Tribute at Willie’s Locally Known (music): Join us for a night of celebration and remembrance of the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Special performances by Joslyn and The Sweet Compression, Bootsie and Funkabilly, Willie Eames, Rachel Crowe, Doc Feldman, Jen Tackett, Jeremy Short, Alex Parkansky, Eric Cummins, and The Sway, will be covering selections from Aretha’s catalogue. A portion of food and beverage sales, plus donations, will be accepted for the benefit of the ACLU.
- 9pm: Sissy Spacek, Period Bomb, Badam Fury, The Dolphins at The Green Lantern (music): Live music!
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
- 7am: Yoga at The Arboretum (fitness/health): All levels welcome to this new program taught by Jackie Hanson of The Yoga Room in Versailles. Bring your own yoga mat and props and meet at the Visitor Center. Appropriate for ages 13 and up, cost is $10/person per session. Pre-register by calling (859) 257-6955.
- 10am: Pre-K Art Day at The Living Arts & Science Center (art/crafts/kid friendly): Kids ages 3-5 years old, alongside their parent or caregiver, will investigate, dance, play and create during Pre-K Art Day at the LASC. Topics change weekly and integrate art and science into a fun hands-on experience.
- 10:30am: Gentle Yoga at Centered (fitness/health): This weekly gentle yoga class with Lauren Higdon integrates restorative yoga, breathing techniques, meditation and wellness tips for all ages and levels of physical condition. Classes may include chair yoga, restorative, yin yoga, tai chi and more. Perfect for beginners as well as experienced yogis! 100% donation based — a $5 minimum donation is suggested. (Every Friday and Tuesday until November 9).
- 2pm: Tea Tuesday at Waveland (food): Looking for something fun, unique and different to do with a friend or a group? Waveland State Historic site is serving tea every Tuesday! Tea is served at 2 p.m. in the mansion on fine china. All teas include a program, savory food, not to mention the delicious tea served by period dressed interpreters. Once you are finished with the tea enjoy a tour of the Waveland Mansion. A unique one-of-a-kind experience! Reservations are required. More details: HERE. (Every Tuesday until December 18).
- 5pm: East End Fresh Stop Market at The Lyric Theater & Cultural Arts Center (food): The East End of Lexington is delighted to begin its 3rd season as a Fresh Stop Market (Every Tuesday until October 9).
- 5:30pm: Margaritas & Manicures at Walker’s of Lexington (alcohol): Join us at Walker’s! Only $10.00 for a margarita and a manicure! Subsequent margaritas for $5.00 (Every Tuesday until October 30).
- 6pm: Totally Tubular Tuesday Ride at Bicycle Face (health/fitness): A fast ride with smooth a pace line. The goal of this ride is to provide an opportunity for all ability levels to improve speed and skill by riding at a high tempo in a tight group. All riders WILL ride together until we get out of town and there will be plenty opportunities for regrouping. Beers to follow naturally. (Every Tuesday until November 6 at 6pm).
- 6pm: Free Intro to Digital Photography Class at Lexington Public Library – Northside Branch location (class): Learn the basics of DSLR cameras and shooting pictures in RAW. Registration required.
- 6pm: The Pharaoh Bowl: Tasting Event Lexington at Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen – Hamburg (food): Join us on the patio for an end of summer soirée where our newest menu item will make its debut. The evening will include other popular menu items and several giveaways! Seating is limited. RSVP for $5: HERE.
- 6:30pm: Heart Open Yoga With Cindy Reed at The Massage Center (fitness/health): Bliss and breath inspired yoga for all levels. More details: HERE.
- 7pm: Standing Home Signs and Cut and Paste Craft Studio (art/crafts): This home sign stands up on its own to make the perfect mantle or table scape decoration. More details: HERE and tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Trivia Night at Ethereal Brewing (games): Join us for Trivia Night and win cash prizes!
- 7:15pm: Jen Kober at Comedy Off Broadway (comedy): Jen Kober is originally from Lake Charles, LA, and has recently bounded onto the national stage bringing crowds to their feet with her original blend of stand-up, story telling, and improvised rock-n-roll comedy. Her hard-hitting hour is phenomenally funny as Kober commands the stage and dares you not to laugh. Tickets available: HERE.
- 8pm: Tuesday Night Live Team Trivia at The Bear and the Butcher (games): Live team trivia. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and best team name. We’re a new restaurant in Chevy Chase that specializes in sausages made from scratch on premises and street food. As well two fully stocked bars with an abundance of locally brewed beer (draft, cans, bottles). (Every Tuesday until November 13).
- 8pm: Open Mic Night at The Burl (free): Open Mic Night at The Burl hosted by Chris Floyd & Mark Cornelison every OTHER Tuesday after our free weekly yoga! All music / art welcome. Come shine on The Burl stage. (Every Tuesday until October 24).
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- 11:30am: Win’sday Lunch Break in Triangle Park (networking): Take a break from the stressful work week and enjoy some fresh air. Bring your lunch to Triangle Park and take a break from the busy work week. After lunch, play some corn hole, ladder golf, chess or just relax and listen to live music! Who knows, maybe YOU will win a gift card! (Every Wednesday until September 12).
- 4pm: Farmer’s Market at The Summit at Fritz Farm (food): Lettuce turnip the beet. Join us in partnership with the Lexington Farmers Market for food and fun! Every Wednesday evening from 4 – 7 pm we will host the Lexington Farmer’s Market outside of Honeywood. Support local as you nosh on samples, enjoy live music, and sip & stroll with a craft cocktail or cold brew! (Every Wednesday until September 26).
- 5pm: Ciders and Catan at Pivot Brewing (games): Drop in for a game of Catan on Wednesdays all semester long. Whether you just need to get out of the house or desperately need a study break, this game is the perfect distraction. Be sure to get in plenty of practice, as there will be a winner-take-all tournament in December (Every Wednesday until December 12).
- 5:30pm: Cooking with Kids | Ken(TACOS) at The Food Connection (food/class): Register now to join us for a hands-on cooking class showing you how create a taco bar from fresh local ingredients. More details: HERE and tickets available: HERE.
- 6pm: Benefit for Kentucky Natural Lands Trust – Live Music & Prizes (cause): A benefit to protect Kentucky wild lands will take place under the trees at Kentucky Native Café with live music, West Sixth beer, and prizes.
- 6pm: Will Run for Wine at SALA Studio (fitness/health/alcohol): Join us for a fun 3-4 mile run through downtown and Chevy Chase! Rehydration immediately following at Walker’s. All paces welcome!
- 6:30pm: Vegan Cooking- Spicy Okra Curry at Good Foods (food/class): It’s summer and fresh, local produce, especially okra, is everything. It’s popular in the southern U.S., but it’s equally popular in southern Asia too. This dish has lots of flavors like cumin, ginger, garlic, turmeric and cilantro, and can be paired with rice, roti, bread or pasta. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Trivia Night at The Barn (games): Join everyone in The Barn for brain busters, tasty treats & epic prizes! Every Wednesday night, get in on the action with trivia! Enjoy food from all your local favorites & drinks from the bar! Prizes will rotate between all the businesses in The Barn & each round of trivia will have one question where one person gets the chance for a swag grab! See y’all Wednesday nights at The Barn! (Every Wednesday until November 14 at 7pm).
- 7pm: Trivia Night at Crust (games): Come join us at this awesome pizza place in a stylish restaurant in Lexington. This show is unique, each Wednesday we will include pizza and cooking questions in a “Crust Culinary Question” section. We are really looking forward to this one! (Every Wednesday until December 19).
- 7pm: Trivia at The Burl Arcade (games): Pub style trivia at The Burl Arcade every Wednesday!
- 7:30pm: The Office Team Trivia at Lexington Beerworks (games): The Office Team Trivia at Lexington Beerworks! Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
- 8pm: Live Music at Parlay Social (music): Live music! (Every Wednesday until December 19).
- 8pm: Startup Grind LEX Summer Party at The Burl (networking): Startup Grind is hosting our Summer. LEX Networking Party on Wednesday, August 29th from 8pm to 11pm at The Burl! This will be a night full of networking, music, drinks, food, and new friends. CALLING ALL ENTREPRENEURS, CREATIVES & TECHIES. Join us for a celebration as we launch the Lexington Startup Grind Chapter! Startup Grind a global community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs active in 400+ cities worldwide. Tickets available: HERE (Also, on September 14 at 6pm).
- 8pm: Pub Trivia at Hop Cat (games): Join us Wednesdays at 8pm for Geeks Who Drink Pub Trivia. Eat, drink and be smart. Grab your friends, and a beer and give your brain a workout. FREE to play! Maybe even win a prize (Every Wednesday until December 26).
Thursday, August 30, 2018 – Thursday Night Live
- 5pm: Thursday Night Live at Cheapside Park: Get downtown every Thursday! Join thousands of your closest friends for live music, local food and beverage vendors, and the hottest party in town. The event takes place each week at the Fifth Third Bank Pavilion at Cheapside Park. This event is rain or shine! (Every Thursday until October 11).
- 5pm: Buddha Head Mobile Gourmet at Best Friend Bar (food): BFB is happy to welcome Buddha Head Mobile Gourmet to our kitchen for a full weekend of good eats! (Also, on August 31 and September 1 at 5pm).
- 5pm: Woodhill Fresh Stop Market at Woodhill Community Center (food): Fresh Stop Markets are “pop up” farm-fresh food markets set up at local churches and community centers in fresh food insecure neighborhoods. The food has been paid for in advance so that farmers don’t face the same degree of risk as they do with a standard farmers’ market. People in the community describe Fresh Stop Markets as welcoming and happy—like a family reunion where all five senses are engaged and there is lots of laughter, food and fun! Fresh Stop Markets are open to everyone and created, led, and sustained by community leaders. (Every Thursday until October 11).
- 5:30pm: Strength Training with Lori at Castlewood Park (fitness/health): Join YMCA fitness instructor Lori for a FREE Strength Training class as a part of the Plant and Play Summer Fitness series! Meet near the “barn” (next to the playground, just off Highland Park) before 9am. Meet new friends, catch up with old friends, and get some great exercise while you build muscle and take in beautiful Castlewood Park! All ages and abilities are welcome! Resistance bands will be available. Bring water and your own towel or mat just in case!
- 6pm: Thursday Trivia at The Summit! (games): Thursday Live Team Trivia at The Barn Door Tap Room inside Whole Foods Market. Join Local Trivia Action for free team trivia with prizes and fun. (Every Thursday until October 4).
- 6pm: A Reading with Willie Davis at Brier Books (literature): Willie Davis, winner of the Willesden Herald International Short Story Prize (judged by Zadie Smith) and the Katherine Anne Porter Prize (judged by Amy Hempel) will read from Nightwolf, a novel about Lexington. His work has appeared in Salon, The Guardian, The Kenyon Review, and The Berkeley Fiction Review among other places.
- 6pm: Rock House & Broomwagon Bikes & Brews at Rock House Brewing (fitness/health): Our weekly social cycling club with Broomwagon Coffee + Bikes. Go for a ride. Come back and enjoy a pint. (Every Thursday until December 27).
- 6:30pm: Thirsty Thursday! Pick Your Project at Board and Brush Lexington (art/crafts): Come and make a beautiful wooden sign for your home! Pick any sign from our gallery of over 200+ designs and we personalize it with your name, dates, etc. Enjoy a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and listen to an incredibly fun playlist while you’re building your boards! Tickets available: HERE.
- 6:30pm: Hot Air Balloons at Michael’s – Hamburg (art/crafts): In this 2-hour beginner class you will master classic painting techniques with step-by-step instructions demonstrated by your certified Grumbacher instructor to create high flying landscape painting. Supplies are not included. Class is $15. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6:30pm: The Living Eulogy Lex Workshop at Pivot Brewing: Our third workshop is scheduled at Pivot Brewing for Thursday, August 30th 6:30-8:30PM. Hope you can join. Please read the “About” section, and PLEASE feel free to post or message the page with any questions/worries, your email address, or comments.
- 6:30pm: Yoga at Ethereal Brewing (fitness/health): Join us on Thursday, August 30 from 6:30 to 7:30 for some FREE yoga with Yoginiliv in our back room!
- 7pm: Monthly Wine Tasting Dinners at Sutton’s Restaurant (alcohol/food): The last Thursday of every month you can taste 4 different wine pairings with 4 courses we choose from outside our normal offerings. $50 per person.
- 7pm: Paint and Sip Party at Logan’s Roadhouse – Rojay Drive location (art/crafts): Join us for a guided paint party where you are the artist AND you take your work of art home! We laugh, listen to music, enjoy a few drinks and paint! Come early to reserve seats while you have dinner and drinks. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Bark in the Park at Whitaker Bank Ball Park (dogs/sports): Bring your family and friends (and pups too!) to Kentucky Ale #ThirstyThursday and Pepsi in the 859 #BarkinthePark at Whitaker Bank Ballpark! Tickets available: HERE.
- 7:30pm: Bike, Laugh, Heal Tour at Comedy Off Broadway (comedy): Please join us at Comedy off Broadway for a night with comedians Mara Marek, Andrew Collin, and host & Lexingtonian Maggie MacNeil. All proceeds go to BikeLaughHeal.org, which will then redistribute to local shelters. Tickets available: HERE.
- 8pm: Trivia at Blue Stallion Brewing Company (games): Get off the internet for once and come hangout with your BFFs for trivia! There is prizes for the top three winners, and you can snag a free appetizer from Dad’s Favorites Deli by having the best team name. Good luck!
- 8pm: The Local Honeys presents: Don’t Be A Square at The Burl (music): The Local Honeys presents: Don’t Be A Square at The Burl
- 8pm: Sawyer Fredericks at Willie’s Locally Known (music): This show is now at Willie’s Locally Known and is for all ages! Tickets available: HERE.
- 8:30pm: Byrd Law feat. Peyton and the Pretenders at The Burl (music): We’re making our return to Al’s bar on Thursday August 30th with our great friends Peyton Stewart and the Pretenders! Come out, support some music and have some drinks!
- 10:30pm: Pub night with Joel at Henry’s Club Public House (music): No cover, free popcorn, all the songs you know and love, and even some you don’t know you love yet. (Every Thursday until August 31).
Have a good week, and be sure to share this post, so the word can get out about what’s going in Lexington this week!