Christmas is slowly creeping up on us. There is less than three weeks to buy gifts for all our loved ones, so why not support a local business this holiday season? I’ve put together my top gifts for the proud Kentuckian in your life. Details are within the post, as well as where to purchase each item.
Gifts for the Proud Kentuckian
1. My Kentucky Tee subscription: I’ve actually been a customer of theirs since July 2015, and I absolutely love them! I have every single one of their shirts, except maybe two. How it works: It’s a t-shirt subscription box. When you sign up, you get that month’s tee, plus the 1792 introductory tee. It cost $15 per month, and each month you will receive a new Kentucky themed t-shirt. You can sign up and view the past month’s t-shirts here. However, this will be one subscription box that you won’t want to cancel. Make sure that if you sign up for a subscription to let them know that Whitney at Fabulous in Fayette told you about it!
2. Sherpa Kentucky Pullover: You might want to order this ASAP! Sherpa is all the rave again this year, and they just restocked them yesterday (December 5 at 10am), so don’t be surprised if they sell out quickly! This is super comfy and available in 2 colors, Oatmeal and Cream! Update: There are only a handful left in each size!
3. Kentucky Outline Necklace by Meg C. Gallery: How gorgeous is this blue Kentucky outline necklace from Meg C. Jewelry Gallery?!
4. The Kentucky Bucket List Book by Michael Crisp: What better way to start off the new year than by planning on crossing things off your list that you haven’t done or experienced yet? Why not see all the beauty and wonderful things that Kentucky has to offer? Make that your goal in 2019! There’s also a follow-up book called, The Kentucky Bucket List: Part Two and also there is The Best Kentucky Trivia Book Ever.
5. Kentucky Badass Necklace: For the Kentuckian who is loud and proud! Description from Kentucky for Kentucky: Dainty lightweight brass bar stamped with Kentucky on one side, badass on the other, hanging on a brass plated chain. All nickel and lead free. Made by Melissa Jolly in Bowling Green, KY.
6. Kentucky Candle: Description from Homesick Candles: Embrace the heritage of Kentucky with rich scents of legendary blue grass, refreshing mint and just a hint of bourbon and tonka bean. Top Note: Bourbon, Cream, Butter. They are on sale now for $29.95!
7. Codeword Hats: Represent Lexington with this 859 hat! Other area codes: 502 and 606. Did you know that they donate 30% of profit to your local’s children hospital? Details from Codeword: Support from your (code)word purchase helps cover the expenses of vital programs and services that are not reimbursed through insurance. These gifts help maintain the quality of the healthcare provided to the most ill and critically injured children, and also provide support for pediatric research and education.
8. My Old Kentucky Home Print by Lexington Lettering: This is my friend’s Etsy shop, and she has so many great Kentucky prints to pick from. This onw in particular has the lyrics to our state song, My Old Kentucky Home.
9. “Fools Rush In” by Kayla Weber Art: This piece of artwork is by a local artist (I’m sure you have seen her beautiful paintings all over Instagram and around Lexington). This painting is one of my favorites, and it would look so amazing on the walls of any Kentucky home! Photographic print of the original painting “Fools Rush In”. Available in sizes 8×10, 11×14, and 16×20 Photographic Prints. Signed by artist, ready to frame and hang! Recommended framing with a 2 inch mat to give the artwork room to breathe!
10. KY Home Scrabble Tray: Brighten up your home with this scrabble tray!
11. Kentucky Jumbo Size Mug: Drink your coffee while showing your stare pride with this extra large mug.
12. Y’ALL Sweatshirt: Their sweatshirts are the coziest! The Y’ALL sweatshirt is the perfect sweatshirt for the proud Kentuckian in your life! Available in vintage heather faded blue and heather light grey