It’s almost that time of year again – Valentine’s Day! There are several events going on in Lexington, Kemtucky that will make you feel the love this Valentine’s Day! I’ve included events that are happening between Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 16, 2020. There is something for everyone! It doesn’t matter if you are single, dating or married, have children, or just wanting to have a girl’s night!
I’ve included all the information, including the dates and times, as well as where to buy tickets. Some events require tickets to be purchased in advance, so if you want to go to one of those events, be sure to get your tickets before they sell out!
Things to Do For Valentine’s Day in Lexington, Kentucky
Saturday, February 8, 2020
- 10am: Hearts & Arts Valentine Workshop at ARTplay Children’s Studio: Toddlers + Preschoolers. Just for you, a morning of SPARKLES + SHIMMER and of course lots of LOVE !! You will paint all the rosy colors on their big painting wall, make play dough hearts, sparkly sensory bins, super sweet valentines and more! Hearts, Red, Pink and Glitter GALORE. Tickets available: HERE.
- 10am: Valentine’s Process Art Party at create art + play studio: Share some warm-fuzzies with your little one while you create Valentine’s Day-inspired art. Make mixed media hearts, spin art, and chocolate-scented playdough! This class is designed for children ages 18 months to 6 years old and their caregivers. During this class, you will explore materials, art processes, sensory experiences. Art and play intersect helping children make new discoveries and new friends. The cost is $15. Tickets available: HERE.
- 11am: Valentine’s Card Making Class at La Petite Delicat: Everything is better handmade! Come and enjoy handcrafting cards, all while treating yourself to a delicious macaron & specialty drink! Come to La Petite Delicat’s Valentine card making event! You will be taught and given instructions on how to make two different designed cards. One will be love themed for Valentine’s Day, and the other you can choose different greeting options. Ticket price include supplies to make 2 cards, step by step instructions by a skilled card making professional, and a $5 voucher to buy delicious food and drink while at La Petite Delicat. Get some girlfriends together, or plan a mother/child outing – either way, memories and fun will be had by all. Reserve your tickets now before the classes are sold out. Ages 10-99. Tickets available: HERE.
- 12pm: Valentine’s Day Pawty at Southern Barker: Kissing Booths, Pupcakes, and Valentines. Their annual Valentine’s Day Pawty is back and it’s going to be better than ever!
- 12pm: BFF Valentine Jewelry Workshop at ARTplay Children’s Studio: Show your friends and family how special they are!! Kids will make up to five friendship bracelets and mixed media cards for their BFF’s and special peeps in their lives! They have LOTS of funky and colorful beads, letter beads, and sparkly beads. It will be super fun! Tickets available: HERE.
Sunday, February 9, 2020
- 11am: Valentine’s Cookie Decorating at Harkness Edwards Vineyard: Learn royal icing techniques for Valentine’s Day cookies that will surely impress! In this class, you will learn royal icing decorating techniques including the basics, flooding, wet-on-wet roses, and brush embroidery. All class materials will be provided. Suitable for beginners as well as those with some experience in cookie decorating. Cookies will be made before you arrive. Sip on wine and decorate a half dozen cookies to enjoy! One glass of wine is included with ticket. Tickets available: HERE.
- 2pm: Decadent Dessert Class at Harkness Edwards Vineyard: You will create FOUR desserts to enjoy with your Valentine or to take home for yourself! In this class you will make: Chocolate Covered Strawberries, The Ultimate Brownie, Strawberry Cheesecake Shooter, and Chocolate Hazelnut Cannoli. $39.99/Guest and $34.99/Member. Tickets available: HERE.
- 2:30pm: Mommy + Me Cookie Class at seventh + lime: This is a Mommy and me cookie decorating class where you will get step by step instructions on how to decorate an adorable set of Valentine’s Day themed cookies together! No experience necessary. You will leave with a box of 6 cookies (2 of each design) decorated by your and your kiddo and memories to last a lifetime! This class takes place on Sunday, February 9th from 2:30-4PM at seventh + lime in Lexington (700 N Limestone). There is parking available in the back of the building as well as a few street parking options. Doors will open 15 minutes prior to class. Max: 22 students. Each ticket purchase includes a seat for 1 adult and 1 child. No children under 5 please. More details: HERE.
Monday, February 10, 2020
- 1pm: Paw-entine’s Day at Fayette Mall (altar’d state): There will be a $0.25 Puppy Kissing Booth, $0.25 Give a Pup a “love” treats, Free Refreshments, and a Fashion Show with Camp Jean’s most eligible bachelor and bachelorettes. Please come inquire about adopting! More information: HERE.
- 7pm: LexSwing Valentine’s Dance at Lexswingdance: LIVE BAND ALERT!! The Jim Stone Jazz Band will be slinging some wonderful tunes for us!! It’s Palentine’s Day!! Bring a Pal who has never danced with LexSwing and your Pal gets in free! $5 for regulars. Due to the live band, they will only be having a short beginner lesson for this dance – no intermediate level class.
- 7pm: RomCom Trivia Benefitting Bluegrass Ambucs at Blue Stallion Brewing Company: Support Bluegrass Ambucs as this week’s Mission Monday with RomCom Trivia beginning at 7pm! Please consider a $5 donation for each player as we give 10% of the day’s sales to this great local non-profit!
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- 11am: A Chocolate-Covered Valentine’s Sampling at Good Foods: Stop by the Co-op Saturday, February 11 from 11am – 4pm to take a dip in our chocolate fountain. They’ll provide you with fruit, cake, pretzels and other goodies you can smother in chocolate, plus a Valentine’s themed beverage to wash it all down. This is family friendly and FREE! While you’re here, pick up some house-made treats like chocolate-covered strawberries or chocolate-dipped shortbread for your sweetheart (or for yourself).
- 6pm: Valentine Wax Painting: Adult Workshop at ARTplay Children’s Studio: Hey grown-ups! Adult art night is back! Bring a date or come solo and join local ARTIST, Brian Connors Manke to make a special work of heART! Brian is a master of melted crayons and will bring his (small but mighty) torch plus all of the supplies you need to create your own very cool and waxy painting! See the process: HERE and tickets available: HERE.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- 6pm: Buttercup Bakes Valentine’s Themed Cookie Decorating Class at Rock House Brewing: Come join Rock House Brewing and Buttercup Bakes for a sweet Valentine’s treat. Come learn how to make these totes adorbs Valentine’s Day cookies. Ticket price includes a beer/soda of your choice, plus 5 full-size cookies to take home and several smaller ones to practice with! Tickets available: HERE.
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- 6:30pm: Love!! Pick Your Project Workshop at Board and Brush Lexington: Looking for a fun way to connect with friends or family? Come out to their most popular DIY workshop and create your own unique wood sign! Select a wood project from their gallery. They provide all the materials and instruct you step-by-step to create a beautiful piece for your home or for a gift. Choose from a variety of paint and wood stain colors in the workshop. Cost for a workshop is $68 for adults and pre-registration is required. Tickets available: HERE.
Friday, February 14, 2020
- 4pm: Maker’s Mark Valentine’s Day Experience at Liquor Barn – Hamburg: Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Liquor Barn with Maker’s Mark! Taste the Cupid’s Mark, a refreshing bubbly cocktail, and take home a personalized Maker’s Mark bouquet!
- 5pm: Family Night: Valentine’s Kindness Celebration! at Southland Bagel: They’re celebrating Valentine’s Day by making lots of tiny hearts to give to our friends and family, or surprise someone with on Random Acts of Kindness Day (Monday, February 17th!) Come out for bagel pizza, barbecue by O’Brother Smokehouse, and a celebration of kindness!
- 5pm: S’more Than A Feeling PopUp at Pivot Brewing: Nothing says LOVE quite like marshmallows covered in sprinkles and chocolate. Whether you’re in a relationship, looking for love, or single AF, come out for a S’more Than A Feeling Valentine’s pop-up. They will have a special Valentine’s S’more: “S’more Love” – Home made honey graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate, a homemade heart shaped strawberry marshmallow, topped with a drizzle of chocolate, grated white chocolate, and heart sprinkles.
- 6pm: Crafts on Tap: Valentine’s Date Night, Thrown Pottery at The Living Arts & Science Center: Have you ever wanted to recreate the classic Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze scene in Ghost? Come out for an evening of fun, romance and throwing on the potter’s wheel. Their skilled instructors guide you through the basics of wheel throwing and options for decorating. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6pm: Valentine’s Day at The Mad Potter: Come out on February 14th from 6pm to 9pm for a night of romantic music, decadent chocolates, drinks and a semi-private table for you and your special someone to create your masterpiece. Don’t wait until the last minute to make your reservation. This event books up quickly. $8.00 per person/$16.00 per couple payable at time of reservation. Please call the studio at 859-269-4591 to reserve your spot.
- 6pm: Moonstruck Gala at Embassy Suites Lexington Green: A roaring night of fun and laughter filled with loved ones on Valentine’s Day! Inviting all singles, couples, and friends to an exciting evening of buffet-style dinner + dancing. There will be a DJ, photobooth, and around the corner is the Embassy’s Suites bar open for business. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6:30pm: Friday!!! Pick Your Project Workshop at Board and Brush Lexington: Looking for a fun way to connect with friends or family? Join their most popular DIY workshop and create your own unique wood sign! Select a wood project from their gallery. They provide all the materials and instruct you step-by-step to create a beautiful piece for your home or for a gift. Choose from a variety of paint and wood stain colors in the workshop. Cost for a workshop is $68 for adults and pre-registration is required. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: February Paint Night – Valentine’s Edition at McTeggart Irish Dancers: Enjoy painting a one-of-a-kind piece while eating three courses of delicious appetizers! Come out for a special date night edition of Paint Night! Celebrate Valentine’s weekend with the one you love. “Birches in Bloom” can be done as a couple (2 portrait-oriented canvases) or individual (1 landscape-oriented canvas) so feel free to bring a friend, boy/girlfriend, parent, sibling, anyone you love! A delicious three course appetizer meal will be served (Tickets are sold individually, so be sure to order two if you are coming as a couple!) Non-alcoholic sparkling cider will be served. (The State of Kentucky prohibits BYOB. If you wish to purchase a drink, feel free to stop by Mi Pequena Hacienda which is just steps from their door before or after your event) Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Valentine’s Couples Floral Design Class at Alexandra Pallos Floral & Events: Bring your loved one for a special class where you and your special someone will create a fabulous arrangement together. Guaranteed that it will be your favorite floral arrangement ever because you and your loved one created it, together. Class includes everything you need to make a stunning floral arrangement as well as food and drinks! Make this Valentines day unforgettable! Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Happy Valentine’s Day-Bring your Special Someone for a fun night at Painting With a Twist: Summer Love Set or Single on a 16X20 canvas. This event is open to all ages for $40 a guest. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Valentine’s Day Team Trivia at Wildside Winery: Grab your friends, create a catchy team name and come out for a night full of fun! They’ll also have Gogo Burger, so you can enjoy a delicious burger while you’re there!
- 7:30pm: Valentine’s Day at the Greenroom: Come to the West Sixth Greenroom in Downtown Lexington after your dinner plans for Valentine’s Day! Like last year, they’ll have beer & dessert packages to share — with tasty creations from their friends next door at Sunrise Bakery! Grab your loved one, BFF, Mom, or whoever and come out for a cozy Valentine’s day dessert! See more details: HERE and tickets available: HERE.
- 9pm: Tyler Halsey on Valentine’s Day at Pub & Grill: Tyler Halsey will be cranking up the Pub & Grill for Valentine’s Day. He’s country with a rock and roll edge. Make your plans to be apart of this, it’s the only way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
- 9pm: Share the Love – Valentine’s Dance at Rock House Brewing: Valentine’s Day isn’t just for sweethearts! Enter a cartoon world of red and white electric delight that will make Hallmark blush. Have more fun than you could have expected on this night devoted to Sharing The Love! Sought after mix-maestros Ron Robinette, David Austin, and Mowgli will make your heart swirl as you dance, spin the bottle, play games and chill in the pillow fort. Check out new works by talented artists from near and far. Come with happy hearts, or prepare to have yours refilled as they open this space for a chance to let loose, be silly and forget about the rest of the world for a night. $14 entry or $10 wearing Red/Pink/White.
Saturday, February 15, 2020
- 10am: Valentine’s Hike at Lower Howard’s Creek Nature and Heritage Reserve: Maybe you both have to work on Valentine’s Day. Or maybe Valentine’s is about treating yourself nicely. Grab your favorite person (could be you) and give them the best gift – time together in the outdoors! This moderately strenuous hike begins at the main entrance on Athens Boonesboro Rd., 0.7 mile north of Hall’s on the River. Call 859-806-2466 to reserve a spot! Note that pets are not permitted in state nature preserves.
- 2pm: Valentine’s Day Stop Light Bar Crawl – Lexington, KY – February 15th at Stagger Inn: First annual Stop Light Bar Crawl in Lexington, KY on February 15th! RED = TAKEN. YELLOW = UNDECIDED IN LIFE. GREEN = SINGLE AND READY MINGLE! More details and tickets available: HERE.
- 3:30pm: HELLO Saturday!! Pick Your Project Workshop at Board and Brush Lexington: Looking for a fun way to connect with friends or family? Join their most popular DIY workshop and create your own unique wood sign! Select a wood project from our gallery. They provide all the materials and instruct you step-by-step to create a beautiful piece for your home or for a gift. Choose from a variety of paint and wood stain colors in the workshop. Cost for a workshop is $68 for adults and pre-registration is required. Tickets available: HERE.
- 6pm: The Love Connection at Malone’s Prime Events & Receptions: NETWORKING EVENT FOR ALL PROFESSIONALS AGES 30+. You MUST pre-register to participate in a fun, relaxing, effective way to meet new people. Plan to meet other single professionals face-to-face in your age and interest group. If you participate in SPEED DATING, you will be paired up in a series of quick five-seven minute “dates”. When the time is up, a bell will ring and participants move on to their next one-on-one conversation. Appetizers will be served 6pm to 8pm, and there will be a CASH BAR. The event is also a great opportunity to network with other professionals in the area. The event will end at 9pm. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Valentine’s Day Benefit at City Limits Events and Entertainment Center: Eat, Give, Love…. with live music be “Five Below”, dancing, food, photo booth, wine, cash bar, silent auctions and much, much more! Come enjoy yourselves on the most romantic weekend of the year! Tickets are $25 for singles and $40 for couples. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Love Moon Set or Single on a Shiplap Pallet or 16X20 Canvas at Painting With a Twist: Love Moon Set or Single on a 16X20 canvas or a Shiplap Pallet. This event is open to all ages for $37-$39 a guest depending on the product you choose. Tickets available: HERE.
- 7pm: Movie Night – Titanic at Rock House Brewing: Come and celebrate your love and this classic. Or simply drink to forget that you’re going to die alone. Either way, there’s always room in their door for you.
- 7pm: “My Funny Valentine” Dinner at The Kentucky Castle: Enjoy a five-course meal served in the Grand Ballroom with social seating and live romantic jazz music. Following dinner you’re welcome to walk the grounds, visit the rooftop, or take memorable photos. See more details and tickets available: HERE.
Sunday, February 16, 2020
- 2pm: Valentine’s Day Wood-Burning Workshop at Mirror Twin Brewing: This workshop will be held at Mirror Twin Brewing in Lexington, KY. The instructor will have different designs for you to choose from for a fun Mirror Twin/Valentine’s theme. Step by step, using a Walnut Hollow Creative burner tool, they will help guide you through burning your own design on your own medium wall hanger! Perfect extra Valentine’s date or just a fun Sunday out with your best friend or family member. No experience required, these are basic techniques and tools for simple designs that can be finished within 1-2 hours. Limited seating. Ages 13+ with parental guidance if necessary. 21+ for Alcohol consumption. PLUS – all ticket holders (of age) will get to enjoy happy hour and drink specials that aren’t normally available on Sundays! See what the ticket includes, as well as the specials: HERE. Tickets available: HERE.
- 2pm: Partner Pilates: Valentine’s Edition at Reform Pilates: Nothing says “I love you” more than a butt-kicking Reform Pilates style. Join them for the special partners class to celebrate Valentines, Galentines and everything in between. Price is $50 per couple and is limited to 3 couples. Tickets available: HERE.
Looking for something to do for Galentine’s Day?
Coming next week is “Where to Eat for Valentine’s Day!”